ABS-CBN Film Productions Inc. (AFPI) has released a statement following the bombshell revelations of Rhys Miguel Eugenio.
On Wednesday, October 12, Rhys set the online world abuzz after he went live on Instagram to open up for the first time about an incident involving Patrick Quiroz while filming a series that he opted not to mention.
“I woke up in the morning… malambot ‘yung hotdog ko. Jinajak*l niya ‘yung malambot na hotdog ko. Kini-kiss-kiss niya ako. Nung nagising ako, [hinabol] ko siya,” he said in part in the video.
Detailing the traumatic incident, Rhys Miguel claimed Patrick fondled his manhood while he was asleep. He also said the management did not take action after he reported to them the incident.
AFPI then released a statement, debunking Rhys Miguel’s claims that the film outlet did do anything to address the issue at that time.
“Contrary to the claims made by Rhys Miguel on 11 October 2022, ABS-CBN Film Productions Inc. immediately conducted an investigation upon receiving his complaint in December 2020,” ABS-CBN Film Productions Inc. said in its statement.
READ: Statement of ABS-CBN Film Productions Inc. pic.twitter.com/yinoTwZJyh— Star Cinema (@StarCinema) October 12, 2022
It added that it “swiftly took appropriate action to protect the rights of everyone involved.”
“AFPI takes these matters seriously. The safety, dignity, and privacy of our people are our utmost priority,” the ABS-CBN subsidiary said.
Rhys Miguel also claimed other cast members were also molested including Erghyll Jeric Panganiban. Others have yet to make a statement as of this writing.
Both Rhys Miguel and Patrick were previously managed by Rise Artists Studio.
Rhys Miguel became part of the ABS-CBN reality series Pinoy Big Brother: Otso in 2019. He was also previously paired with Kaori Oinuma in a tandem known as KaoRhys.