Former ABS-CBN President Charo Santos-Concio's memoir titled “My Journey: The Story of an Unexpected Leader" has been nominated at the Filipino Readers’ Choice Awards 2022.
The memoir is a nominee in the non-fiction category for batch 2015 to 2018.
Released under ABS-CBN Publishing, "My Journey" is a bestselling bio-manual for leadership success. It was launched in 2017.
It chronicles Charo's story from her childhood up to her retirement as ABS-CBN's president.
"I never really planned out my life the way it unfolded. I was just really open to the opportunities that came my way. One can be full of self-doubts and fears, and I had to grapple with them. It allowed me to connect the dots and gave me a chance to be kind to myself and learn from my mistakes," she said back in 2017.
She added: "Many parts of my story would resonate with everyone - men and women who are aspiring for greater dreams for themselves.”
For those who want to cast their votes, you may do so through this link.
Here are the voting guidelines published by The Filipino Readers' Choice Awards:
1. Each unique, valid email gets one (1) vote. If multiple votes are received from the same email, we will take only the MOST RECENT entry.
2. There are 15 categories with 2 batches each. You can vote for only one book per category per batch.
3. You can skip a category or batch. Just choose “–SKIP–” at the end of all the choices.
4. The choices are arranged in alphabetical order by title and numbered. If you would like to view or search through the nominees first, you can view the full nominee list here.
5. Only the top 3 books per category per batch will enter into the final Judging phase of the FRCA.
6. Voting is until September 23, 2022, 11:59 PMManila time.
The Filipino Readers’ Choice Awards (FRCA) recently found its new home with the Book Development Association of the Philippines (BDAP). Voting opened last September 2.
Filipinos can now cast their votes for their favorite books in various categories: Fiction (in English and Filipino), Romance (in English and Filipino), Fiction Anthology, YA Fiction, Children’s Picture Book, Comics & Graphic Novels, Poetry, Inspirational/Religious, Humor, Food & Cookbook, Nonfiction, History, and Translated Work.
Announcement of winners will happen in November.