Kapamilya stars Pia Wurtzbach, Kathryn Bernardo, and Anne Curtis are the top Instagram earners in the Philippines in 2021 according to Chicago-based financial services website NetCredit.
The company revealed that based on their study, Miss Universe 2015 Pia earned $3,669,205 or around P216 million on Instagram last year.
Meanwhile, ranking second is 2 Good 2 Be True star Kathryn with the earnings of $3,533,360 or around P208 million in 2021.
It's Showtime host Anne placed third with earnings of $2,936,119 or around P172 million.
NetCredit said on their website that to create the Instagram Rich list 2022, the company "first built a list of the most-followed Instagram stars from every country."
"List in hand, we used figures from the Instagram rich list to estimate the fee-per-ad for each country’s most-followed stars. Then, we counted up the number of sponsored posts made by each star in 2021 and multiplied this by their known or estimated ad fee," NetCredit added.
Other stars included in the Instagram Rich list in the Philippines are Kim Chiu, Andrea Brillantes, Catriona Gray, Liza Soberano, Nadine Lustre, Alex Gonzaga, and Marian Rivera.
See the complete list below:
1. Pia Wurtzbach: $3,669,205 (around P216 million)
2. Kathryn Bernardo: $3,533,360 (around P208 million)
3. Anne Curtis: $2,936,119 (around P172 million)
4. Kim Chiu: $1,712,281 (around P100 million)
5. Andrea Brillantes: $1,281,692 (around P75 million)
6. Catriona Gray: $1,190,233 (around P70 million)
7. Liza Soberano: $968,118 (around P57 million)
8. Nadine Lustre: $354,294 (around P20.8 million)
9. Alex Gonzaga: $349,580 (around P20.5 million)
10. Marian Rivera: $75,709 (around P4.4 million)
Meanwhile, Pia ranked 41st in the worldwide rankings.
Topping the overall Instagram Rich list 2022 globally is Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo who earned USD 85,217,365 in 2021 according to Netcredit. He is followed by Argentina's Lionel Messi with earnings of $71.96m.
In the US, television host Ellen DeGeneres is the top Instagram earner according to NetCredit. Meanwhile, Indian international cricketer Virat Kohli is the top earner in Asia with earnings of $36.6m.