• Home
  • Fresh Scoops
  • Actress Maine Mendoza denied that she’s tolerating the actions of her boyfriend Arjo Atayde amid criticism over his alleged breach of safety protocols.

Maine Mendoza defends Arjo Atayde from netizen: ‘There’s so much you do not know about the story’

Actress Maine Mendoza denied that she’s tolerating the actions of her boyfriend Arjo Atayde amid criticism over his alleged breach of safety protocols.

BY
Leah Bueno

Twitter: @Push_Alerts

FRESH SCOOPS

08/19/2021 10:16 AM
Maine Mendoza defends Arjo Atayde from netizen: ‘There’s so much you do not know about the story’
Photo Credit: @mainedcm Instagram

Maine Mendoza on Wednesday, August 18, denied that she's tolerating the actions of her boyfriend Arjo Atayde, amid criticism over his alleged breach of safety protocols when he left Baguio City even after testing positive for COVID-19.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Maine Mendoza (@mainedcm)


 

The actress made the statement in response to a netizen who said he refuses to believe that she could tolerate such actions, saying, "Hindi isang Maine Mendoza 'yun."

"Hello! I am not 'tolerating' him but there's just so much you do not know about the story," replied Maine.

The actress said she hopes that Arjo would get the chance to tell his side of the story "and the context of what had happened these past few days." She also urged netizens not to "base their judgments solely on what they see online."

"...because you might just be seeing an angle of the real scenario," she added.

In a statement, Feelmaking Productions, Inc., confirmed that Arjo and nine other crew members shooting in Baguio City for the movie Hey Joe tested positive for COVID-19.

According to the statement, "Arjo was suffering from high fever, headaches, and difficulty in breathing," thus the production company, Arjo's parents, and doctors decided "to rush the actor, who has a pre-existing medical condition, straight to a hospital in Manila on August 17."

Feelmaking said it has also provided assistance for the nine other crew members who tested positive for COVID-19 "but are asymptomatic and are currently in quarantine." It has likewise "coordinated with the local officials for the necessary safety protocols."

While the film outlet did not confirm whether or not the people involved committed a breach of protocol, it said that Arjo's family has already reached out to the Baguio City Mayor.

“The Atayde family has reached out to Mayor Benjamin Magalong and we assure him and the people of Baguio that we will comply with our commitments to the City,” the statement said.

Feelmaking, which is owned by Arjo himself, apologized to the people of Baguio for the “unfortunate incident.”

“We are grateful for the opportunity to shoot in their beautiful City and apologize for whatever inconvenience that this unfortunate incident may have caused," it said.

Earlier, Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong said it has ordered an investigation into Arjo's case.

READ: Baguio City Mayor orders probe into Arjo Atayde’s alleged breach of health protocols; production company issues statement

According to the mayor, Arjo and his team—who had been in Baguio prior to the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine—were given a permit to stay and conduct its shooting activity, with the commitment that they will be staying in a bubble. 

"However, we found out that there were instances where crew members go home and come back to the city without passing through our triage so they are not tested," the Baguio City Mayor said.

He also claimed that Arjo's group didn't comply with their commitment for a monthly testing. 

"For some reason, Mr. Atayde left his group yesterday (Monday, August 16) without informing us although I’m trying to reach out to him to instruct him on what to do with his group left in the city,” the mayor said.

Following the incident, Mayor Magalong said he will no longer entertain film productions in Baguio, especially after the more virulent Delta variant was detected in the city as early as July.