JM de Guzman is the national winner for Best Actor in a Leading Role at the 2021 Asian Academy Creative Awards.
The Kapamilya actor was recognized for his role as Peterson Alvarez in the recently concluded ABS-CBN primetime series Init Sa Magdamag, with the international title "When Love Burns."
On his Instagram page, JM shared the good news with his more than 2 million followers, using the hashtag #GloryToGod.
In the comments section of his post, fans and fellow celebrities congratulated JM on his latest achievement. Among them were his Init Sa Magdamag co-star Gerald Anderson and known close friend Arci Munoz, who wrote, "Never doubted ya bro!"
Meanwhile, the national winner for Best Actress was Maja Salvador for her role in the drama series Niña Niño. Nonie Buencamino and Sylvia Sanchez of the ABS-CBN inspirational series Huwag Kang Mangamba were named as Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress, respectively.
The Kapamilya teen series He's Into Her was also named Best Original Program by Streamer/OTT, while comedy superstar Vice Ganda won Best Entertainment Program host for the singing community game show Everybody, Sing!
Below are the other ABS-CBN talents and programs that garnered national recognition at the 2021 Asian Creative Awards:
• Chad Vidanes - Best Direction (Fiction) for He's Into Her
• Fedelina: A Stolen Life - Best Documentary Programme (One-off)
• Everybody, Sing! - Best Music or Dance Programme
• Karen Davila - Best News or Current Affairs Presenter/ Anchor for Headstart
• Maalaala Mo Kaya - Two Mothers" Best Single Drama/Telemovie/Anthology episode
• "He's Into Her" by BGYO/Jonathan Manalo/Gabriel Tagadtad/Theo Martel - Best Theme Song or Title Theme
The national winners will represent the Philippines in the Grand Awards this coming December, where they will face the other winners from different Asian regions.
The Asian Academy Creative Awards, honors excellence in craft and technical disciplines across multiple platforms including television, digital, mobile, and streaming in Asia.