• Home
  • Fresh Scoops
  • Richard Gutierrez shares the strict safety protocols they undergo before taping ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano.’

Richard Gutierrez is not concerned after ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano’ co-star Mark Leviste tested positive for COVID-19

Richard Gutierrez shares the strict safety protocols they undergo before taping ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano.’

BY
Rhea Manila Santos

Twitter: @allaboutmanila

FRESH SCOOPS

08/07/2020 08:54 AM
Richard Gutierrez is not concerned after ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano’ co-star Mark Leviste tested positive for COVID-19
Photo credit: @markleviste IG (R)

After joining the FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano cast last month, Richard Gutierrez had the opportunity to work with the other members of the new cast, including Mark Leviste who played his right hand man in the popular primetime series. But after his stint on the show, Batangas vice-governor Leviste recently announced on social media that his swab test results turned out positive for COVID-19 last August 1, Saturday.

Richard said he was not alarmed by the news because of the timing of the test. “Nakasama namin si Mark last sa Batangas I think first week of July so medyo matagal na panahon niya. Recently lang siya nagpa-swab (test). Nakakalungkot nga kasi si vice gov sobrang welcoming din niya and then talagang nagtiya-tiyaga siya. Nakasama namin siya sa set, naghihintay siya sa set and ang sarap niyang kasama, ang sarap ka-kuwentuhan. Nakakalungkot lang na nangyari sa kanya yun but I think he’s going to recover fast. Pero very optimistic naman siya. In high spirits. So I think kayang kaya niya talunin,” he said.

Richard said he and the rest of the cast and crew of FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano also passed their own tests for the COVID-19 virus. “Nagpa-swab test na kami eh. I think we did the swab test around July 10 and then negative naman kami lahat so thank God. Pero I don’t [think] he was positive at that time. I think he got it after our taping. Mandatory yung swab tests before and after. Bago kami umuwi sa mga families namin, sinwab test kami and then wait for the results and then tsaka pa lang kami pinayagan umuwi,” he added.


The new FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano guest star also divulged the strict safety protocols they had to accomplish before starting their lock-in taping for the show. “Habang naghihintay kami ng results, walang puwedeng lumabas sa lugar namin and siyempre, social distancing and then we would follow all the protocols. We also have to do quarantine for 14 days before our taping. So parang ganun din. Parang nag-quarantine din kami,” he shared.