• Home
  • Fresh Scoops
  • Catriona Gray filed a complaint against the uploader of her fake nude photo at the National Bureau of Investigation today, July 21.

Catriona Gray takes legal action against person behind fake topless photo

Catriona Gray filed a complaint against the uploader of her fake nude photo at the National Bureau of Investigation today, July 21.

BY
PUSH TEAM

FRESH SCOOPS

07/21/2020 03:44 PM
Catriona Gray takes legal action against person behind fake topless photo
Photo Credit: @catriona_gray Instagram

Miss Universe 2018 appeared at the office of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in Manila to file a complaint against the person behind her fake topless photo. 

Hours before her appearance at the NBI, Catriona spoke to reporters at the launch of the Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI) One Town, One Product (OTOP) program. 

 


 

In the said event, Catriona confirmed that she and her team are taking legal action against the person behind her digitally altered photo and would be heading straight to NBI after her commitment at the conferment ceremony.

 

 

Catriona’s legal counsel Atty. Joji Alonso previously released a statement condemning the act and said that the viral topless photo of the beauty queen is fake and digitally altered. 

“We are actively coordinating with authorities to hold accountable whoever is behind this scheme and face penal sanctions accordingly. We will likewise take legal action against those involved in the manufacture and publication of the said photo,” Atty. Joji wrote in the statement. 

She added: “We strongly denounce this vicious attempt to tarnish the good name of Ms. Gray.”  

The said photo — which has since made rounds online — shows Catriona a bathtub with parts of her chest exposed. 

 

 

Meanwhile, the beauty queen’s conferment as the endorser of the DTI's OTOP program aims to benefit the arts and handicrafts industry as well as the weaving culture through the promotion of local fabric in the country.