Kris Aquino shared a statement regarding her filing new cyber libel cases against Atty. Jesus Falcis III, brother of her former business partner Nicko Falcis, whom she initially sued with 44 counts of qualified theft earlier this month.
In an Instagram post last October 22, Kris Aquino shared a statement from her legal counsel regarding her filing new cyber libel cases against Atty. Jesus Nicardo Falcis III, brother of her former business partner Nicko Falcis whom she initially filed with 44 counts of qualified theft earlier this month. This was due to Falcis allegedly charging over P1,270,980.31 of personal expenses to their corporate credit card without Aquino’s knowledge during their business partnership.
“Statement from Atty. Ricky dela Cruz of DIVINA LAW:
We filed criminal cases for 9 counts of cyberlibel today at the DOJ against Atty. Jesus Nicardo Falcis III. He made malicious and defamatory statements against our client, Ms. Kris Aquino. We will now now make him accountable.
Ms. Kris Aquino opted to respond to the malicious accusations hurled against her through the legal process. Because she believes that this is the right thing to do. She has full faith in the Philippine justice system. She knows that we are all equal in the eyes of the law.
Ms. Kris respects our prosecutors and she now leaves it to them to start the legal process. We believe that Ms. Kris Aquino will get JUSTICE because TRUTH IS ON HER SIDE.”
In a press conference last November 15, Atty. Falcis said Kris threatened his brother, which has forced him to remain abroad.
READ: Kris Aquino sends message to Nicko Falcis: “Tinuring ka naming pamilya”
"Contrary to the claims of Ms. Aquino and her lawyers, my brother staying abroad is not an indication of guilt. She took away my brother from our family and my brother is forced to stay abroad because of serious threats to his person and safety. I know for a fact, and I heard it personally, Ms. Aquino threatened my brother. She said, ‘You fucking asshole Nicko! ‘Wag kang tatapak dito sa Pilipinas. Dare to step in this country and you will be dead," he claimed.
He added that his brother tried to peacefully settle the matter but it was Kris' camp that filed the cases while they were still doing negotiations.
The TV host was quick to refute this, saying they have tried to six times to negotiate with Nicko's family but they refused.
“This could have been fixed. And I will reiterate that – six times nag-attempt ang side namin. Kung patuloy naman na tinatanggihan ka, eh ikaw na ‘yung naaagrabiyado, meron ng mali doon,” she stated.