Baron Geisler relieved by lifting of PAMI’s ban

Baron Geisler admits that the ban had affected his income.

BY
Maureen Marie Belmonte

Twitter: @MissHappyWriter

FRESH SCOOPS

09/24/2017 09:50 AM
Baron Geisler relieved by lifting of PAMI’s ban

Baron Geisler happily shared that the ban that prevented him from working with members of the Professional Artist Managers, Inc. (PAMI) has already been lifted.

Maraming salamat sa kaibigan kong si FDCP CHAIR Liza Diño-Seguerra sa pakikipag-usap sa PAMI. Ngayon ay na lift na po ang ban sa akin. God bless you kapatid," Baron said in a post on his Facebook account the other day.

Baron’s ban stems from the late 2016 incident involving him and actor Ping Medina. Baron allegedly peed on Ping while on the set of a movie even if it wasn’t part of the script.


READ: PAMI will not allow their artists to work with Baron Geisler or Arlyn Dela Cruz

The controversial actor was able to reach out to the Film Development Council of the Philippines chairperson when they bumped into each other at the Venice Film Festival last July.

Baron also took the initiative to apologize to Liza after calling her “plastic” when she commented on his indiscretion last year.

Nag-apologize ako in person na rin. Then, I asked her, 'Kapatid, baka puwedeng tulungan mo akong kausapin yung PAMI.' Ayun, sabi ko, baka puwede akong tulungan kausapin sila, kasi may mga darating akong proyekto, sana bago yun,” he said in an interview with PEP.

Liza shared the good news to Baron via a social media message last September 21.

Sabi niya, 'Okay na lahat. Basta promise mo sa akin na huwag ka nang iinom, lalung-lalo na sa trabaho,'” he said.

“Then, I said, 'Of course naman, kapatid, ginagawan ko ng paraan lahat and I'm doing my best.' 'But try harder,' sabi niyang ganyan,” Baron recounted.

Contrary to his previous claim that PAMI’s decision did not affect his income, Baron explained that he didn’t have a steady project since the ban was imposed on him.

Alam kong marami akong days, paulit-ulit, na mga shenanigans na nangyari sa industriya o sa mga co-actors ko. Sabi ko, sige, I'll accept this, itong lesson na ito na gustong ituro sa akin,” he said. 

“Of course, nagdadasal pa rin ako. I'm waiting na magkaroon ng steady na project, kasi ang hirap mag-isa Yun mga kapatid ko, may mga sariling pamilya na,” Baron also pointed out.

According to Baron, his ordeal made him realize just about what he can do in life.

Siyempre, kahit papaano, gutom. Gutom ako both sa craft at saka sa buhay.

“Pero at least, blessing pa rin. Dasal lang talaga eh. Dasal ako nang dasal. Basta sobrang proud ako sa sarili ko. Sobrang nagpapasalamat ako sa Diyos sa lahat ng blessings," he ended.

Baron was recently tapped to be part of the stage play Aurelio Sedisyoso and the Brillante Mendoza flick Right to Kill.