Everyone’s already gearing up for the much-anticipated and biggest showcase of the country’s brightest stars, the Star Magic Ball 2017.
But before the biggest celebrity gathering in showbiz even takes place, let’s do a quick look back at the 10 previous Star Magic Balls to get an idea what to expect this year.
1. Korina Sanchez and Mar Roxas won the senior category of Stardust Best Dressed award during the first Star Magic Ball in 2007. The now husband-and-wife are non-Star Magic artists.
2. The Star Magic Ball started out with less than 200 guests only.
3. The Star Magic Ball has only had one fashion show as part of its program to date. It happened during the tribute for iconic Dubai-based Filipino designer Michael Cinco back in 2013.
4. The Star Magic Ball has only been televised twice: first in 2015 and then in 2016.
5. Martin Nievera composed and performed a song for Star Magic founder Johnny Manahan titled "All for one, One for all" in 2010.
6. The Star Magic Ball has only been held in three hotels namely Fairmont, Makati Shangri-La and Intercontinental Hotel.
7. The 11th Star Magic Ball is even more special since Star Magic, ABS-CBN’s premiere talent arm, is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
8. A limited edition coffee table book was once launched at the Star Magic Ball. Titled Charo and I, the book was launched during the 2015 Star Magic Ball.
9. Star Magic Ball had its first ever microsite in 2016.
10A. Bea Alonzo has received the most number of awards for a female artist.
- 2008’s Best Dressed Female Award
- 2009’s Most Elegant Award
- 2010’s Most Stylish Award
- 2012’s Jaw-dropping Stunner Award
10B. Piolo Pascual got the most number of awards for a male artist.
- 2008’s Best Dressed Male Award
- 2010’s Star Magic Icon
- 2011’s Choice Fashionista Award
11. Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla received the most number of awards as a couple.
- 2012’s Breakout Style Award
- 2013’s Couple of the Night
- 2015’s Best Dressed Couple