• Home
  • Fresh Scoops
  • Kisses recalls how miracles have led to her survival to this day.

EXCLUSIVE: Kisses Delavin opens up about her ‘second life’

Kisses recalls how miracles have led to her survival to this day.

EXCLUSIVE: Kisses Delavin opens up about her ‘second life’-Gary Ann  Lastrilla
Gary Ann Lastrilla

Instagram: @iamgaryann


04/17/2017 03:37 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Kisses Delavin opens up about her ‘second life’

041717-KissesDelavin_PUSH.jpgIf there is something that Pinoy Big Brother Lucky Season 7’s second Big Placer Kisses Delavin is most thankful for, it is for being alive today.

After all, she was a miracle child.

Hailing from Masbate, Kisses’ mother, who took five years to get pregnant, suffered eight miscarriages before she finally conceived.

But still, things did not come easy after. When Kisses was six years old, she was diagnosed with viral encephalitis.

“Which (has) 95% mortality so parang 5% lang ‘yung chance na mabuhay. Or, kung mabuhay ka man, you will be gulay. Parang hindi na nag-fa-function properly,” she said.

Recalling the events that happened that day, Kisses said that she was just in school when she had a fever that lasted for two days. Initially, they thought it was just the usual fever. But when it kept progressing (reaching up to 40 Celsius) and Kisses’ skin was already turning dark, her parents, who are businessmen, decided to call a doctor who advised them to take her to Manila as soon as possible.

“So nagcontact ‘yung mama at papa ko ng airlift, so ‘yung airlift na ‘yun, galing Manila, one hour daw papunta dito (Masbate), baka malelate so kumuha pa ng isang airlift ‘yung parents ko from Cebu kasi it’s a matter of time. So mas mabilis ‘yung sa Cebu dumating…” she recalled, adding that while on the plane, they experienced turbulence that the doctors were having a difficult time inserting her IV that was removed, causing her skin to turn dark.

‘Pag dating namin sa Manila, sabi ‘nung doctor kung mga in the span of 10 to 15 minutes, hindi ako nakarating, or maybe five minutes, maaring wala na ako.”

“So many miracles leading up to me surviving,” she said.

Saying that she spent one month in the ICU, Kisses continued, “‘Nung nakarating kami, comatose agad ako so sabi ‘nung doctor, in within 24 hours, kung hindi ako magising, hindi na talaga. As in hindi na ako makakasurvive (o) magugulay na.”

Fortunately, Kisses woke up at midnight looking for her parents. However, her memory got temporarily affected.

Sobrang laking miracle pero ‘nung nagising ako, wala akong makilala. Disoriented. Wala akong makilala, parang may amnesia. That lasted for like two weeks so sobrang natakot ‘yung parents ko kasi kahit ‘yung tubo, ‘yung nurse, hindi ko alam kung anong nangyari. Hindi ko alam kung sino ako. Pero after one month, everything went back to normal.”

“Tapos ‘yung pinakamalaking miracle is sabi ng doctor, kasi pinresent niya ‘yung case ko sa buong hospital kasi first case na nagsurvive ng 100% parang walang nangyari,” she said.

Indeed, God still has big plans for Kisses. According to her, her father would always tell her that there is a reason why she survived.

Sabi niya, ‘This is your second life. Actually, so many chances na mabuhay ka ulit’ so sabi ng daddy ko, ‘Ibig sabihin ‘nun, you still have a purpose or a mission in this world’ so sabi niya, ‘You need to grow up finding that purpose.’”

She also emphasized the importance of prayer. She said that when she was in the hospital, nuns and people from Masbate who knew them participated in a prayer vigil.