Charo Santos receives new movie offers

Charo Santos remains mum if new offers were with Lav Diaz again.

BY MAUREEN MARIE BELMONTE

Twitter: @MissHappyWriter

FRESH SCOOPS

3/30/2017 9:42 AM
Charo Santos receives new movie offers


033017-CharoSantos_Push.jpgFollowing her successful big screen comeback last year through Lav Diaz's Ang Babaeng Humayo, Charo Santos revealed that she has received more movie offers.

The ABS-CBN Chief Content Officer's movie bagged the Golden Lion, the top prize at the prestigious Venice Film Festival last year

"Parang mayroon. Pero I'm not allowed to say," she said during the press launch of her book My Journey: The Story of an Unexpected Leader on Wednesday, March 29.

Without revealing too much, Charo shared, "Alam mo naman, may mga bagay-bagay, but I'm reading a few scripts."

While she seemed open about doing another big screen project, Charo was quick to decline when asked if she wants her life to be shown on the big screen.

"Ay huwag na. Diyos ko. Baka hindi pa kumita masisi pa ako," she said in jest.

When asked if the movie is going to be with Lav again, Charo reiterated that she's not allowed to say anything.

Lav is currently filming a project with rumored couple Piolo Pascual and Shaina Magdayao.

About her book, Charo shared that she was really hesitant to push through with the book's creation. But then she went through with the process due to the encouragement that she got from the people around her.

Published by ABS-CBN Publishing, My Journey: The Story of an Unexpected Leader is now available in selected National Bookstores and Powerbooks outlets.