Nagharap-harap noong March 10 ang bagong members ng 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival Executive Committee at napag-usapan ang ilang mahahalagang bagay na magaganap at mapapalitan sa pista ng pelikula ngayong taon. Kasama na rin dito ang venue at sponsor ng parade of stars, criteria na hahanapin sa paghusga ng official entries at sino ang nararapat na bigyan ng parangal.
Narito ang kabuuan ng first meeting ng 2017 MMFF Executive Committee.
1. Introduction of the new MMFF Execom;
2. Recognition of the valuable contribution of the past MMFF EXECOM and Committee Members (including Senator Sonny Angara, Congressman Alfred Vargas, Moira Lang, Ed Cabagnot and Atty Toto Villareal);
3. BENEFICIARIES - Roughly 12M will be distributed to the ff. beneficiaries - MOWELFUND - 50%, Film Academy of the Phil - 20%, Movie Industry Anti-Piracy -20%, Optical Media Board - 5%, FDCP - 5%;
4. There is already an Executive Order sent to the Office of the President that will officially declare the MMFF duration from Dec 25-Jan 7 just waiting for the President's signature. The Ofc of Senator Grace will also try to take it up in the Senate;
5. The MMFF Parade of Stars will be sponsored by the City of Muntinlupa which is celebrating a milestone in their cityhood.
6. A RULES COMMITTEE has been set up which will draft the set of rules for this year's festival ... All these rules shall be laid out on APRIL 7 - the official launch of MMFF 2017.
MMFF Chair Tim Orbos reiterates that the substantial change in the MMFF last year would continue to be the standard this year, which is to produce quality and commercially-viable movies. "After the success of the 2016 MMFF where artistic quality became the main focus, this year’s MMFF would want to move forward with a crop of entries that would combine quality and box office potential. We will never abandon the artistic gains we had last year but we need to push forward in this direction,” Orbos said.