After returning to the Kapamilya network last year, Sharon Cuneta admits she was very happy to be offered a new contract this year with the Kapamilya network. "I now have a two-year contract with ABS-CBN starting with The Voice Kids. I used to sign one-year contracts with ABS-CBN tapos when I came back for Your Face Sounds Familiar, one contract per season, so I signed two contracts kasi it was two seasons,” she shared during her contract-signing held last May 5 inside ABS-CBN.
The Megastar said being a coach on The Voice is meant to be. "Parang nag-full circle kasi before I left ABS-CBN for a vacation 'di ba? Nung umalis ako for a couple of years, it was The Voice that was offered to me. Supposed to be at that time with Apl de Ap. And then siyempre nga things happened, napalipat ako. Ngayon parang bumalik. It’s meant to be (laughs).”
With Sarah Geronimo’s announcement last month that she will not be part of the next season of The Voice Kids, Sharon commented she totally understands where the Pop Princess is coming from. "I don’t mind taking the place of Sarah. I think she’s done so much for The Voice and The Voice Kids that it’s time for her to do what she really wants in her career and in her personal life. Napakabait na bata niyan so she deserves all the happiness in the world,” she said.
Apart from being a fan of the show, the Megastar says she can’t wait to start working with the other The Voice Kids coaches who are also her good friends. "My god, I’m so honored because I’ll be working with Lea Salonga who is a friend of mine and Bamboo who is a friend of mine as well. And Bamboo’s son is the best friend of my son Miguel. They go to the same school,” she added.