May bagong ruling na ginawa ang Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) Executive Committee para sa mga sasali sa taunang Metro Manila Film Festival na ginaganap tuwing Pasko, December 25.
Dapat ay "finished film format" o buong pelikula na ang ang isa-submit na entry at hindi na screenplay tulad nu’ng mga nagdaang taon. Ang deadline ngayon ng submission of entries is on Sept 28, 2016.
Ito naman ang kanilang revised criteria for judging:
1. Story, Audience Appeal, and Overall Impact (40%). Part nito ang overall excellence in storytelling, measured by how successfully a film transforms its artistic vision into a vital and moving engagement with its audience.
2. Cinematic Attributes/Technical Excellence (40%). Ito yung degree of creative and technical accomplishments in all departments—such as writing, directing, acting, editing, production design, cinematography, sound, and music.
3. Global Appeal (10%). Pasok dito yung film's story, characters, and themes that resonate with audiences from all walks of life and break through barriers of race, class, and gender.
4. Filipino Sensibility (10%). Siyempre, dapat yung film's story, characters, and themes reflect and interpret the Filipino experience.
May additional rules din ngayon ang MMFF.
• No more cash incentives in all categories during the awards night.
• Best child performer will be abolished.
• May dalawang bagong special awards ngayon: Audience Choice Award at Kids’ Choice Award.
• Ang new Execom ay bawal maging member ng anumang sub-comiittee tulad ng ng Selection Committee (choosing Magic 8) or jury during the awards night.
• A film company can submit as many film entries they wish to.
• May irereserba ring ika-9th or 10th na movie sakaling ang isa sa Magic 8 films ay "sumablay" sa requirements ng festival.
• There's no more MMFF New Wave (before Christmas Day), kundi laban-laban na ang mainstream at indie films sa Magic 8 official entries ng MMFF which starts December 25.
Samantala, ang mga bagong miyembro ng MMFF Executive Committee ay binubuo nina Alfred Vargas, Jesse Ejercito, Briccio Santos, Sen. Sonny Angara, Emerson Carlos (MMDA Chairman), Atty. Eugenio “Toto” Villareal, Moira Lang, Wilson Tieng, Marcus Ng, Boots Anson-Roa, Edward Cabagnot, Edgar Tejerero, Joel Pagdilao at Jun Romana.