Ronnie shares that he did not receive any indecent proposals after a video scandal supposedly featuring him went viral.
Hashtags member Ronnie Alonte maintained that he isn’t the man in a circulating sex video on the net.
It may be recalled that Ronnie has previously denied being involved in any sex scandal.
READ: Ronnie Alonte denies being involved in photo and video scandal
But he did confess that it somehow helped in making him reach across a wider audience.
“Tingin ko nakatulong rin kasi siyempre pinagusapan talaga ng mga tao. ‘Sino ba ito?’ Na-curious sila sa Ronnie Alonte na ‘yun and bigla na nila akong napapanood sa Showtime everyday,” he said in an interview during the pocket press conference of his upcoming Metro Manila Film Festival entry Seklusyon.
However despite denying his involvement in the sex tape, several people are still convinced that the scandal was a PR ploy released by Ronnie’s camp.
To this he said, “Hindi eh! Ano naman? Para naman akong loko nun na kailangan pang maglabas ng scandal para lang makilala ng tao?”
He added, “Siyempre gusto ko ‘yung makilala ako ng tao na ‘Eto mabait.’”
Thankfully though, Ronnie did not receive any indecent proposals since the video circulated.
However, he did confess that he has a certain naughty side.
“May pagka-naughty. ‘Yung pagka-loko ko hindi sa ganon eh. ‘Yung pagka-loko ko sa mga kaibigan ko eh, ginagaspang ko,” he said.
Meanwhile, Ronnie has expressed utter excitement for his first-ever horror film under no less than Erik Matti.
Not only that, Ronnie is being touted as the film’s lead star, which puts him ahead of far experienced star Dominic Roque.
“Siguro masaya pero hindi ako nakikipagkumpitensya sa mga kasama ko sa showbiz kahit sa ibang istasyon or kahit kasama ko dito,” he stressed.
Ronnie says he’s just happy with all the things that’s been going on in his career “kasi pinapakita ko sa mga tao kung ano talaga ako eh.”
Aside from Seklusyon, Ronnie stars in Vince and Kath and James together with Julia Barretto and Joshua Garcia, and the film also happens to be the only rom-com film in the upcoming MMFF.
He is also set to stage his first solo concert titled Kilig King over the weekend at the KIA Theater.
Come next year, Ronnie is also going to be part of the soap A Love to Last starring Bea Alonzo and Ian Veneracion.
With his list of upcoming projects, many consider Ronnie as 2017’s artist to watch out for.
“Paano ko ba sasagutin ito? Siguro si Lord, nagdasal lang kasi ako. Sabi ko ‘Lord bigyan mo lang ako ng trabaho sa showbiz kahit ano. Basta makatulong lang ako sa pamilya ko. Kahit extra or ano man, kaibigan dito basta kung ano man. Basta kumikita ako okay na ako,’” he ended.
Catch Ronnie Alonte on Seklusyon, the only horror film in the upcoming Metro Manila Film Festival this coming December 25.