Director Joyce Bernal gave her reaction to the fact that Vice Ganda and Coco Martin’s movie was not included in the official list of entries in this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival that was announced on Friday, November 18.
According to the director, the movie was still in picture-lock when they submitted it for consideration. “Ang picture-lock po kasi is edited siya pero hindi siya na-dub, walang music ‘yung picture-lock,” she explained, admitting that they know they were lacking in this aspect.
Although she said that finishing up the picture-lock stage is okay with MMFF’s new rule, the popular director added, “Siyempre paano ka lalaban sa mga pelikula na nabuo na talaga nila?”
Although Direk Joyce later admitted having a feeling of panghihinayang, she said that she respects the decision of the festival. “The movie was really for Metro Manila Film Festival. We wanted it for Metro Manila Film Festival. Si Coco, si Vice, t’saka ako… Pero, kung ano man ‘yung gustong gawin, because something happened last year so meron silang gustong gawin for this year na festival so parang sa akin, on my part, nirerespeto ko ‘yun. Okay sa akin ‘yun,” she said, adding that although their expectations weren’t met, they have a movie to show anytime.
Meanwhile, Direk Joyce said that the movie is already finished and that they were already in the process of dubbing and mixing. As for the movie’s playdate, Direk Joyce said that she does not know yet as Star Cinema already has a lineup of movies to show for next year.