Filipino performers showed world-class talent during the 2015 APEC Summit’s Welcome Dinner held last Wednesday night, November 18, at the SM Mall of Asia Arena.
In no particular order, here are some of the performances last night:
1. Black Eyed Peas member and The Voice of the Philippines coach Apl.de.ap sang a mash-up of The Apl Song and Where is the Love with The Voice Kids Season 2 grand finalist Reynan Dal-Anay who, as a proud Manobo, also rendered cultural dances.
2. Filipino-American singer Jessica Sanchez who rose to fame after finishing a grand finalist of American Idol season 11 performed On A Clear Day while Asia’s Got Talent Grand Champion El Gamma Penumbra performed their signature shadow play.
3. International rock band Journey vocalist Arnel Pineda and Your Face Sounds Familiar jury member and 2005 World Championship of Performing Arts winner Jed Madela performed Led Zeppelin’s Stairway to Heaven.
4. Leading a group of singers, internationally-renowned Filipino singer Charice sang the OPM entitled, Para Sa Bayan
5. ASAP 20 mainstays, Concert King Martin Nievera and Mr. Pure Energy Gary Valenciano concluded the show with their duet performance of Together (As One). Later, the other performers for the night including El Gamma Penumbra, Jed Madela, Charice, Jessica Sanchez, Arnel Pineda, Apl.de.Ap, and Reynan Dal-Anay, among others, joined the two in singing upstage.