It’s Filipino-American Friendship Day today. The Malacanang proclaimed the Fourth Of July as a Republic Day. To celebrate the occasion, PUSH would like to mention noted celebrities in the Philippines who are half-Pinoy and half-American.
1. Gerald Anderson or Gerald Randolph Opsima Anderson, Jr. was born to Gerald Randy Anderson, Sr., an American instructor in the Philippine Navy. His mother is Evangeline Opsima, a Filipina businesswoman from General Santos City, South Cotabato, Mindanao.
2. Angelica Panganiban was born on November 4, 1986 and did not meet her biological mother, a Filipina who died in 2008 and was buried in Singapore. Her biological father, Mark Charlson is an American from Iowa, United States and a former member of the US Navy, whom she found on Facebook and met a couple of years ago. Angelica uses the surname Panganiban from her adoptive family.
3. Sam Milby is the youngest child of Elsie Lacia, from Tago, Surigao del Sur and Lloyd Milby, an entrepreneur from Dayton, Ohio. Sam was raised in Tipp City, Ohio, where he ice skated competitively.
4. It’s Showtime host Billy Crawford (William Ledesma Crawford in real life) was born in Manila, Philippines, to a Filipina mother named Mayette Ledesma and an American father named Jack Crawford. Billy has lived in New York and Paris with his parents during his stint as an international star.
5. Matt Evans father was Thalmage Eugene Evans, an American and mother Vivien Mercado Nicolas, a Filipino. Matt's father died from a heart attack even before the actor had a chance to meet him.
6. Miss World 2014 Megan Young was born in Alexandria, Virginia to a Filipino mother and American father. Her parents are Victoria Talde and Calvin Cole Young III. She moved with her family to Olongapo City in Zambales when she was 10 years old.
7. Desiree del Valle was born in the Philippines. Her father is Clois Dunham, an Irish-American and her mother is Lourdes Del Valle, a Filipina. She has an older brother, Deny, who lives in the United States. She begged off settling down in California when she was 19 years old to pursue a career in showbiz.
8. Kevin Andrew Fowler famous for being an ex-Pinoy Big Brother Housemate is an 18-year-old American-Filipino from California, USA. He has just recently returned to Manila to pursue a career in acting.