Vhong Navarro on dismissal of 1st rape case against him: ‘Gusto ko pong ipakita sa mga anak ko kung paano ko nalagpasan ‘yun dahil ayoko pong mabahiran ng krimen ang aking pagkatao’
A very emotional Vhong Navarro faced the Madlang People moments before It’s Showtime wrapped up after a news report of the Department of Justice’s junking of Deniece Cornejo’s rape charges against him aired minutes prior.
After hearing about the good news, Vhong was received with a tight hug by his co-hosts when the show returned from a commercial gap on their April 10 live episode.
An obviously relieved Da Possessed star took the opportunity to thank all those who rallied to his side soon as the controversy broke out January this year.
“Gusto ko pong magpasalamat sa ating Panginoon. Andami ko pong gustong pasalamatan especially ang madlang people. Salamat sa nagtiwala, sa nagdasal. Sa lahat po ng pagpapalakas ng loob.
“Sa aking mga kaibigan, sa likod at sa harap ng camera. Direk Chito [Roño] marami pong salamat. Mr.Tony Calvento marami pong salamat. Atty. Alma [Mallonga] marami pong salamat. Sa mga iba ko pa pong lawyers. Of course, ABS-CBN marami pong salamat sa inyong pagmamahal at suporta,” he said.
The actor-comedian also thanked his family and his two sons Frederick and Isaiah for their support. However he reserved his final message of gratitude for his girlfriend, Tanya Bautista, who stood by his side despite all the controversies thrown his way.
“At siyempre sa ‘yo Tanya, maraming, maraming salamat sa pagmamahal at muling pagtitiwala, at muling pagbibigay ng second chance,” Navarro said
While he admits to not being a “good father” and “good boyfriend,” Navarro firmly claimed that he has been a good son.
“Siguro naging hindi po ako masyadong mabuting ama. Hindi ko nabigay lahat sa mga anak ko. Siguro nagkasala ako sa girlfriend ko. Opo inaamin ko po lahat ‘yan. Pero pinapangako ko po, naging mabuti po akong anak. At sa pagiging mabuti ko pong anak gusto ko pong ipakita sa mga anak ko ‘yun, kung paano ko nagawa ‘yun, kung paano ko nalagpasan ‘yun dahil ayoko pong mabahiran ng krimen ang aking pagkatao,” he promised.
According to Navarro standing in front of the public every single time and trying to put up a face that everything is alright with his life when everyone knows that it isn’t takes a lot from him. But he claims that he does it nonetheless because “Gusto kong magpasaya ng tao kahit na may pinagdadaanan akong mabigat. Gusto ko pong magsaya lang tayo.”
He underscored, “At tsaka hindi ko po magagawa na manakit ng babae dahil may kapatid akong babae, dalawa po ang nanay kong kinikilala kaya again salamat po sa inyong pagdadasal.”
Third rape complaint
Prior to coming to It’s Showtime, Navarro responded to the third rape charge filed against him last week.
Navarro, in a post by ABS-CBN reporter Ginger Conejero on her Twitter account, was accompanied by her counsel Atty. Alma to the Quezon City RTC.
“Vhong Navarro reads over his counter affidavit at QC RTC before filing response to rape charges Margarita Mai Fajardo,” the photo’s caption read.
In the second photo posted by Conejero, Navarro was seen swearing for his counter affidavit next to the prosecutor.
while she was working as a stunt double for the soap I Love Betty La Fea
, where the Da Possessed
star was also part of.WATCH VIDEO ON ABS-CBN.com