After almost two weeks of staying with her estranged husband Cesar Montano, Sunshine Cruz was finally able to see her daughters Angelina Isabelle (11), Samantha Angelene (8), and Angel Franchesca (7) on August 15.
Following the decision of the Quezon City Family Court headed by Judge Jose Bautista, Sunshine was able to obtain the custody of their children after filing a Writ of Habeas Corpus earlier this week.
Prior to this hearing, the estranged couple attended the hearing of the criminal complaint and Temporary Protection Order (TPO) filed by Sunshine against Cesar at the Quezon City Hall of Justice under Judge Fernando Sagon of the Branch 78 or the Quezon City RTC.
After this first hearing, despite the gag order Sunshine blurted as she went out the room that Cesar ordered her to smile while going out as he was “nagwawala” inside the court room.
Recall that on Tuesday, Sunshine filed a complaint-affidavit before the Quezon City Regional Trial Court in an Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children case against her husband.
Among the claims the actress made was an alleged incident of rape last May.
Sunshine described Montano as "a very domineering, philandering husband that demanded full submission and obedience" from her.
On Wednesday, via a statement, Cesar denied the charges cited by Sunshine.
"My client vehemently denies the charges and prevarications leveled against him as contained in the complaint of Cruz," said Atty. Joel Ferrer, Cesar’s counsel.
"We maintain that there is no truth whatsoever that my client abused Cruz whether physical or verbal. The marital rape Cruz is alluding to is simply preposterous," the statement added.
During a taped interview aired on The Buzz, Sunshine bravely said that she can weather this current storm in her life.
“Kayang kaya, sa lahat ng pinagdaanan natin. Matibay ‘to!” said she.