Luis ‘Chavit’ Singson faces the physical abuse charges filed against him by his live-in partner Rachel ‘Che’ Tiongson. In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Singson presented evidences proving that he and Tiongson have not yet separated, contrary to what Tiongson is telling the media. Singson, a former Ilocus Sur Governor and now a deputy National Security Adviser, showed letters by Tiongson sent to him wherein she admitted that they are still having a relationship. Singson also revealed that his partner had an affair with a certain man named Richard Catral and with the young actor and model Cogie Domingo. According to Singson, he found out about Tiongson’s relationship with the actor last year but decided to forgive her partner. Domingo on the other hand fled to the US after the incident.
In an interview with ABS-CBN News’ Ces Drilon last September 3, Tiongson showed pictures of the bruises she incurred on the face and arms after Singson beat her when he caught her and her boyfriend together. According to Tiongson, she finds nothing wrong with having a boyfriend since her 17 year relationship with Singson had ended November of last year. But Singson said that after he caught her with her lover in an apartment, she sent a text message to him asking for forgiveness for the second time that she had been unfaithful to him.
In a separate interview with ABS-CBN News, Cogie’s father, human rights lawyer Attorney Rod Domingo expressed that he is saddened that his son’s name is being dragged into this kind of controversy. But Atty. Domingo said he could not confirm anything about Cogie’s involvement in the issue. “I will have to talk to Cogie about it,” he said. According to Atty. Domingo, his son has just returned from the US contrary to speculations that Cogie is in hiding from Chavit’s serious threats.
Atty. Domingo gave the assurance that Cogie will soon be ready to answer the allegations being thrown at him. “I will advise him to face the issue and to clarify matters for the sake of the fans he still has at the present time. I hope this will not deter his intended comeback in showbiz,” the father said.
Log on to www.abs-cbnnews.com for more on this story.